RGT 0.00% 30.0¢ argent biopharma limited

That article about the FDA approval is fantastic news and I'm...

1. 219 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    That article about the FDA approval is fantastic news and I'm ashamed to admit I haven't done thorough enough research into it. I bought into these stocks more for the momentum of legalisation and lets be honest because even if i lose money and it becomes legal I will be happy boy in a candy store!!

More to the point, the derm products is something that has FDA approval and can be sold in most regulatory markets (i.e. all of USA).
    I may have missed this and it is obviously old news but good to see some timelines and units being sold in the deal:
    "In the first year of the C&M agreement, 60,000 units of CBD Anti Aging cosmetic products including Moisturizing Day Cream SPF 30, Active Firming Anti Aging Mask, Active Bright Facial Cream, Anti Puffiness and Dark Circles Eye Serum will be distributed.
    The contract for the first year is in an amount of approximately €1.2m per annum (AU$1.8 million), and is to be paid in monthly instalments in advance. The agreement provides scope for increases in the volume and value of the contract.
    The products will be produced in MGC Pharmaceuticals Slovenian facilities, MGC Derma d.o.o, with monthly shipping ready to commence in September 2016. The cosmetics products are expected to be on Californian shelves by October 2016".

More to the point, the derm products will aim to provide a nice steady revenue stream while we wait for the wider market of medicinal/recreational cannabis to come into fruition (something I like about MMJ strategy of the CBD GelPell they are trying to sell now also).

Psoriasis/acne is a huge market and i suspect eczema suffers will find benefit if it works for acne/psoriasis (people are willing to pay money for diseases that affect appearances and self-esteem VS silent diseases i.e. diabetes)
    - options for treatment is a disgusting tar or steroids + a regular topical emollient lotion

I don't have access to this recent review article published but it looks like this treatment is being explored slowly and shows some potential.
    - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27164964

A research article showing a potential mechanism of action for its efficacy in psoriasis:
    - http://www.sciencedirect.com.elibrary.jcu.edu.au/science/article/pii/S092318110600315X

Certainly anecdotal evidence suggests it has huge potential:
    "I have had psoriasis for 20 years until I tried using a topical cannabis extract this week, and it is almost fully healed within 3 days. I am truly so shocked and elated to see how well this has worked.

I stopped treating it years ago when I found out how bad the steroid creams were, and I was never willing to try the self-injected medication that is the leading treatment on the market now, because of the side effects like tuberculosis and lymphoma that are actually quite common with them. Instead, I made bubble hash out of fan leaves and mixed it with coconut oil, and applied it twice daily."

Anyway I clearly remain optimistic on the future of cannabis, took a punt on MXC + MMJ, and as time goes on MXC seem to be on the right path and continue to impress me in this hostile/uncharted market commodity.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
30.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2500 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.0¢ 3022 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.