RGT 0.00% 30.0¢ argent biopharma limited

Pers Personal attacks on these forums against people who hold...

1. 668 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    Pers
    Personal attacks on these forums against people who hold alternate views generally serves no collective interest other than that of the bully. I might quip that as an active member of 'Gamblers Anonymous' who is currently  receiving therapeutic milleau - attacking a sick man is a low blow. Maybe Peter King should be more reserved in his comments, given they fit all the criteria of verbal abuse, personal ridicule and emotional degradation that society unanimously considers intollerable with legislation to back it.
    That said, I hold everyone's aspiration that MXC will eventually prosper. My record in supporting the company has not been complimentary to date due to a number of well elucidated reasons. If I can re-cap some of these, I have only myself to blame for buying into the company on a recommendation during a price surge in March. Hindsight shows what terrible timing this was, but many other investors also did the same thing and may silently hold at this time. I suggest that the longer term holders with much lower average buy in prices, should welcome this new investment rather than ridicule people like me who were non the wiser at the time. Everybody is a genius in hindsight. Secondary to this is the fact that MXC is a publicly listed company with clear obligations to its shareholders. My concern is that the company operates in virtual secrecy and when announcements are made - they are trivial or ambiguous. The current affray is a case in point. I venture to think the heady rise in the SP has now retraced because the concerns I have about this proposed new commercial arrangement, are just as confusing to everyone else and the market as whole. Sadly, it is MXC in fine form yet again and we sit in a holding pattern while doubts and innuendo prolong the stalemate. I have every right to complain about this because it is my view that the Board of Management are not providing clear unambiguous disclosure as they should. Unfortunately, I think this is intentional.

I continue to hold just 500,000 shares and will not sell because I do not want to crystallize my paper losses from 250K to 300K on what is retrospectively a terrible venture into the risky end of the Stock Market. Some of the claimed successful traders (who would know), imply that I am some kind of dim wit or that I somehow deserve to have accumulated such losses for being some kind of irreverent dummy. Given that it is highly unlikely there are better educated people on this forum, I suspect lack of intellect is not the cause. Smug comments about DYOR are just that. The fact of the matter is that penny dreadful companies attract great risk but also offer exponential gains if they come good. The crux of the matter is that many companies in this league, intentionally make announcements which are misleading, ambiguous or withhold information altogether. This might strike a chord with the current status quo if you think about it. Therefore, making an informed decision is technically a lot harder than it sounds, and listening to advice on these forums is about the worst thing an investor can do. That makes it nigh impossible for a smart person to make a rational decision because the information simply isn't there. So, the smart guys who claim to have done very well in this market segment, probably fluked a lot of it because clearly much of the information released by listed companies just starting out is baseless garbage. That's why my losses have accumulated and my risk aversion has not been abated.
    Finally, while it may not be obvious to all, I hope the company grows profitably from strength to strength. I reserve the right to complain bitterly when I see issues that seem like deliberate negligence or profiteering from the company I own a small part in. Some may be blind sided by long term nirvana, but realistically I want to see a reasonable return on my high risk investment in a reasonable time frame. I do not like being kept in the dark, a sentiment many others obviously hold as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
30.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
30.0¢ 31.0¢ 30.0¢ $2.567K 8.41K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 47481 30.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
31.0¢ 8026 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.