RFG 1.27% 8.0¢ retail food group limited

My 2c on the future of RFG

1. 528 Posts.
    Strong technical support for RFG at $3.00 which was last seen in 2012.

So is the company in a better or worse postion than it was in 2012? Based on the excellent data table provided by grasshopper05, I would say the firm is stronger now compared to 2012.

Sure some stores are under water. But don't forget business failure is normal whether it's a franchisee or not. Joining a franchise doesn't provide an easy path to riches.

Retail environment is tough. Cafes are popping up on a daily basis. There are too many of them. Some will surely fail because of fierce competition. Rents have gone up due to high RE price.

Grasshopper05 showed stalling average sales. Average means there are franchisees who do better and are profitable and there are some who do worse and are having trouble, making complaints publicly.

Those losing money don't have what it takes to run a small business or didn't do the due diligence properly. This is life - winners and losers.

That being said, I acknowledge that RFG has problems and would like to see better management at the top. There's a lot of room to improve operations and support for franchisee which means there's a lot of potential growth.

Nothing has really changed fundamentally for RFG since the sensationalised reporting by failfax. This plunge in SP is a good buying opportunity for value investors as it will most likely instigate better practices and management in the future.

Just my 2c.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.0¢
Change
0.001(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $199.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.8¢ 8.0¢ 7.8¢ $147.4K 1.882M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 315693 7.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.0¢ 1752610 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.