A2M 1.67% $6.48 the a2 milk company limited

There's a lot of BS that gets thrown around this forum - from...

1. 53 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    There's a lot of BS that gets thrown around this forum - from both the up and down ramp parties. I wanted to share my journey with A2M to provide a bit of perspective for everyone. And a bit of truth.

So a few years back, I sold an investment property I owned with my ex. True to my luck at the time, I bought at the peak (2007) and sold in the trough (2010), racking up a $78,000 carry-forward Capital Loss. Time to get into the sharemarket I thought, that way I can make a bucket of tax free cash without the hassle of dealing with tenants et. al. in the property game again. After running a balanced portfolio of around $120k for 2 years, I came out $2k *BEHIND* thanks in part to SGH and MVF, but generally, a lack of research on my part.

After purchasing a house with my now wife, I sold the majority of my portfolio to fund the deposit, but I did have about $19k spare and the time I was determined to invest this remaining money wisely. After visiting my local Coles and seeing people going bananas over some newly stocked baby formula, I peered at the now-bare shelves and noticed it was "A2" brand formula that was the cause of the frenzy. I proceeded to read up all about A2 Milk, the science behind the protein, the changing market factors (dropping of 1 child policy in China) and followed this particular forum rather closely. I was convinced this stock had the right combination of savvy leadership, a differentiated product and favourable market conditions that would make it a winner.

Well, it's now a couple of years on, and bugger me if today we weren't within a hare's breath of me recouping all my capital losses on the investment property:

Only $4k to go! I didn't actually think I'd get this close so soon, so I had a chat to the wife, and the question was: do we cut and run, or do we sell and repurchase the shares in her name (she's on a far lower tax bracket than I) now that I'll start attracting CGT? It was barely a moment's consideration - we are both of the belief that there's still so much growth left in this, that we'll be on it for years to come.

So in summary, the only reason I'm selling my A2M is to transfer them into the wife's name so we can maximise the capital gains in our part ownership of this white gold mine!

GLTAH!!!!
    Last edited by psoma: 24/08/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.48
Change
-0.110(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $4.684B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.59 $6.64 $6.41 $25.96M 4.015M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 103592 $6.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.48 48180 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.