OTL orion telecommunications limited

my bet for 2006 - takeover by pacific internet

1. 1,348 Posts.
    the more i read about pacific internet , the more i believe they will take over otl. otl have over 50000 customers and are profitable. pacific internet would love these customers and below article confirms my suspicions

Pacific Internet Acquires T3 Communications in Australia

MELBOURNE, 3 November 2005 - Pacific Internet (Australia) Pty Ltd, part of Asia Pacific's largest telco-independent Internet communications service provider by geographic reach, Pacific Internet Limited (NASDAQ: PCNTF), today announced its agreement to acquire T3 Communication Partners Pty Ltd and all its subsidiaries (T3 Communications) for up to $A5 million. The deal consists of an $A3 million upfront payment and up to $A2 million over the next 12 months.

T3 Communications' core business is providing fixed line telephony services to small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs). The privately owned company commenced operations in 2002 and has consistently recorded strong revenue and profit growth. The company's turnover for fiscal year 2005 was more than $A12.7 million.

Dennis Muscat, Pacific Internet Australia's Managing Director, said: "With the acquisition of T3 Communications, Pacific Internet has strengthened its position as a leading Australian communications provider that can bundle telephony and broadband for SMBs. T3 Communications is a successful business that will be gradually integrated into Pacific Internet's operations. We plan to keep all staff and the Sydney office will remain operational."

Carlos Perez, T3 Communications' Managing Director, said: We're excited about being part of Pacific Internet and further developing first class services for SMBs.

Bien Kiat Tan, Chairman of Pacific Internet Limited, commented: We expect to achieve substantial synergies and benefits through this transaction. T3 Communications' operational excellence, proven customer satisfaction and expertise in the SMB market are consistent with Pacific Internet's approach. We believe there will be further opportunities for us as we move forward to combine its successful voice offerings with our growing Internet data business to present a wider suite of value adding solutions.

The transaction also underscores our objective to grow the business. It is part of our overall growth plans to acquire successful companies that can bring value to our business and customers. We intend to explore similar opportunities across the Asia Pacific region and are currently looking to enhance Pacific Internet's position by acquisition, added Tan.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OTL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.