my biggest concern

1. 11,875 Posts.
    In the past I haven't really thought algo trading was a concern as I use it to assist me in making winning trades. I have adopted a trading style which uses it to my advantage.

But what really concerns me and I am not sure anything can be done about it, is the correlation of our market to the US.

If you put up a chart of our markets futures and US futures the charts pretty much look identical and highly correlated and this is a consequence of computerised trading.

Considering the markets are a place for companies to raise capital, the correlation of our market to the US means that companies trying to raise money here are effectively hamstrung by the sick economy in the US. There is nothing wrong with our economy and the recent pull back in the market was due mainly to external factors that has little implications for us. But during that hideous pull back I doubt it was a good time to raise money in our market

Why should Australia's growth be held back by basket case economies, just because the ASX wants to collect extra fees?

The gravity of this situation is far reaching in my opinion. This country is being held back just so a poorly run monopoly running our exchange can make a few extra bucks

Thoughts anyone?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.