my biggest tip from my years of trading, page-51

1. 175 Posts.
    Hi Folks !
    Some very sound advice here that should be seriously considered by all...Great stuff!
    GUSTOPHER...I'm assuming that what you're asking is how to set stops automatically on comsec?
    Sorry ,, but I can't help you with that since I trade on etrade. But etrade allows you to set conditional buy and sell orders that get activated once certain conditions are met. All fully explained on the website.
    However I prefer to manually sell stocks where my sell stops are breached rather than automatically, mainly due to the fact that I have been sold out of a position by a very short intraday down spike which ended up becoming very costly especially since the stock also ended finishing up for the day.
    Must add I'm more medium/ long term investor/trader,and can afford to exit next day if my trade starts going pear shaped.
    Short term , intra day , or cfd traders etc may prefer to set auto stops.
    The key really is WHERE to set your exit point in relation to your trading plan that matters! ie. often setting stops too close , and selling too early can also cause you lose money on what should have been winning trades.

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.