my biggest tip from my years of trading, page-55

1. 1,258 Posts.

First and foremost I accept that I will lose money along the way and plan for it and I never trade with money that is meant for something else/

My Trades are planned on paper well in advance to stop me impulsively taking up positions.

My style is to trade more often, take reasonable regular profits rather than hope for for the big one. I have realistic expectations and never expect to get in at the bottom or out at the very top... If I get in on a big price surge I take the profit and close out my position...these are rarely maintained and I like to take what's on the table....

I spend a lot of time researching and planning my trades...

I have very strict rules and guidelines that I follow. They are written down where I can see them so I never forget them....

1. Never trade without a written plan.

2. Calculate the risk reward ratio to determine whether the trade is viable.

3. Decide how to exit the trade prior to entering.

4. Always set a stop.

5. Never take a position based on someone's recommendation without researching it thoroughly.

6. Don't trade stocks with low volume.

7. If the trades going bad and I start wishing and hoping close the position.

8. Average up not down.....

9. Indicators are only indicators...they measure the past and suggest what may happen in the future..the market does what it wants....the worst can and often does happen.

10. Forget the money that is lost save the money that's left..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.