I was coming round the side of the house on the ride-on when I...

1. 15,947 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    I was coming round the side of the house on the ride-on when I disturbed the cat who was sleeping in some bushes. She immediately took off, hurling herself through a Banksia metal fence, which we had to keep our former 4 dogs shut round the back of the house
    However, if you know this fence type it has a rolled over bottom section and she got her back paw caught in the bend.
    I jumped off the mower to help her, but of course she didn't understand I was trying to help her . I could see if I didn't free her she would break an ankle joint so I just had to persist till she was free. In the meantime she was scratching and biting my hand and lower arm while she howled in distress.
    Eventually she was free and it was only then I realised I had blood streaming from several wounds...and I started to howl and curse. It was very painful. But now I know how they can really cause damage.
    But the good news is she doesn't appear to have suffered any permanent injury. And she's forgiven me...just like a woman.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.