I don't think many people would argue that property is not a...

1. 1,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80

I don't think many people would argue that property is not a good long-term investment. However, like any investment class it travels in cycles and has it's fair share of boom and bust periods. To denounce 'timing', especially from someone on a share trading forum is a little ignorant.

Sure for most people they just buy a property when they happen to be in a position to do so or are at that stage of their life. They might be totally unaware of what part of the cycle the market is in and just buy when it suits them.

However, there are others that are more in tune with the market and watch and wait and try to optimise their purchase time. What's wrong with that?

I can't believe there are still people out there that think that Australian property is immune to a collapse. We have witnessed it happen in Japan, USA, UK etc. If the conditions are right (or wrong) then it is completely feasible for it to occur here.

No one knows what the future will hold, least of all me, but I try to keep an open mind to all possibilities and learn from everyones view, even the doomsdayers!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.