LYC 0.48% $6.26 lynas rare earths limited

my complaint to asic lodged by fax today, page-55

1. 1,871 Posts.
    This is a reply i just received from the ASX, i also sent them the same email as ASIC, got the expected reply palming me off to ASIC, however they make mention of a couple of other things i queried them about. Once again my questions remain unanswered.

Dear Botkiller

RE: Lynas Corporation (LYC)

Thank you for raising your concerns with the ASX Group. ASX appreciates information that is received from investors as it assists with our function as a Market Operator.

We have reviewed trading in LYC and as you may be aware, we sent the company a price query letter due to the abnormal trading which occurred on 27 June. We note that during the afternoon, the stock dropped in a short period of time to a low of $0.735 and subsequently rebounded just as quickly. From our review, we have seen no indications that the trading involved any breach of the ASX Operating Rules.

You have raised concerns about possible manipulation, collusion and insider trading. Any issues of possible market manipulation or any other form of market abuse relate to matters that are outside of ASX’s jurisdiction. As of 1 August 2010, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) have responsibility for the supervision of real time trading and Market Participants. Accordingly ASX cannot assist you with the issue raised as it is outside of ASX’s jurisdiction. ASX’s responsibility as a Market Operator is to monitor and enforce compliance by Participants with the ASX Operating Rules.

Please refer to the link below to find out how you may lodge a complaint with ASIC:

http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/asic.nsf/byheadline/Complaining+about+companies+or+people?openDocument#how

ASX is unable to assist you in regards to fees and commission rates since this is a commercial matter for discussion between investors and their brokers.
    The market operates on an anonymous basis in real time and no one outside of ASX or ASIC is able to see the broker IDS. The broker IDS are made available to the market 3 days after the date of trading and is available to anyone who subscribes to a market data service.

In your second email you mentioned trades with zero prices and volumes. We are unable to comment why you are seeing such trades on your system and suggest your market data provider may be able to assist you further. It is possible that the cancellations you are seeing are cancellations of crossings. Some brokers will systemically cancel crossings immediately after the trade if their system recognises possible wash sales. Wash sales are not allowed because they involve no change of beneficial ownership and they should either be prevented or cancelled immediately by the broker.

ASX Limited
    ABN 98 008 624 691
    20 Bridge Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    PO Box H224
    Australia Square
    NSW 1215
    Telephone 131 279
    61 2 9338 0000
    Facsimile 61 2 9227 0885
    www.asx.com.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.26
Change
-0.030(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $5.851B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.29 $6.30 $6.24 $12.71M 2.028M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 13629 $6.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.27 9053 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.