IMM 11.9% 29.5¢ immutep limited

Dear Martin I read the ASX announcement on the 5th February...

1. 978 Posts.
    Dear Martin

I read the ASX announcement on the 5th February about the commencement of the phase 2B clincical trials which in part read:

"In the short term we will be in a position to commence the crucial task of recruiting patients for the trial.
    The Phase IIb Trial will being conducted on a 60 patient population across multiple centres in the USA
    and Australia and is being run out of the world-leading Fred Hutchinson Cancer Centre in Seattle,Stanford University in California and New York Downtown Hospital."

end of extract 1.

I also read the Biotech News interview with you by Nick Evans Tuesday, 22 December 2009 about the Phase 2b trials which in part reads:

"Prima: US trials ready to go

PRIMA Biomed says its US Phase 2b trial of ovarian cancer treatment CVac is almost ready to begin recruiting, after the company received ethics approval from its trial sites last week.
    Prima director Martin Rogers told BTN yesterday the companys clinical investigators had already begun screening patients for the trial. That screening process was expected to take up to eight weeks for each patient, with the first patients expected to begin treatment by February 2010.
    Rogers said there had already been strong interest from potential participants in the US and Prima expected to have a strong idea of how quickly the trial was recruiting by March next year."

end of extract 2.

I understand that an initial 6 patients will be required to test dose safety etc as the extract from the PRR website states below:

"The first six subjects who meet eligibility criteria will be treated with CVac in an open-label fashion to confirm the consistency of manufacturing of the vaccine and its safety when given to ovarian cancer subjects who are in first or second CR. After the manufacturing characteristics of CVac are confirmed as consistent and the initial cohort has completed one injection of CVac without experiencing any serious or treatment-related adverse events."

end of extract 3.

My question to you is: It seems that from the info above that the first patient recruitment should have begun by now (18th March 2010)
    yet nothing about the first recruitemnt has been released to the market as yet. Are you able to clarify if PRR intend to let the shareholders
    know of this significant event or shall I simply assume that recruitement has begun and an announcement will not be released on this event?'

Another possibility: has there been some significant delay in the first recruitment for some reason?

Many thanks if you are able to clarify any of this for me.

regards

xxx

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
-0.040(11.9%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
32.0¢ 33.0¢ 28.0¢ $7.278M 23.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 53192 29.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.5¢ 41048 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.