FAR 0.00% 49.5¢ far limited

Am not starting work for another couple of days and was totally...

1. 1,916 Posts.
    Am not starting work for another couple of days and was totally stunned at what has occurred on HC this morning …………. I think there are a few ragged posters possibly suffering a Xmas/New Year festivity hangover and needing to get back to the daily grind combined with the stress we all feel has resulted in extremely frayed nerves but whatever I truly believe that everyone should settle down I also think that JuJuM put it best in his post 14535735

As regards to a T/O I firmly believe that there will be an offer though am unsure whether both management and/or FARJOY will accept (IMO FARJOY is working with management and as such by mentioning one is synonymous to mentioning them both) my reasoning is that CN has already stated that what they have found is ‘Company Transformational’ and as such I believe she will want to take FAR into an Explorer and Producer’ business model and selling out in a T/O does not achieve that goal ……………. However everything / everyone has a price so will be interesting.

Regardless I don’t believe a serious T/O will eventuate until at least 2 or 3 appraisal wells are completed to firm up what has been found; there is simply a massive difference between what FAR believe is there and what they have, at this point, proved what there is (~6b boo vs round ~750m boo) so negotiation’s round the two is just too far apart at this stage to be successful.

I am expecting / hoping that by end 1Q 2015 we will have confirmation of the following:

That the initial estimates have been proven or increased in SNE but FAN am, at this point, unsure of due to the complexity of what they have found and therefore they may need further time to firm up what they think they have OR even 1 or 2 appraisal wells before confirmation.

The Kenya farmout will somehow provide some additional finance for the appraisal and development of Senegal and am hoping it will involve COP (am suspicious of CNE due to financial considerations re India etc).

An appraisal program plus (hopefully) that SNE is commercial and the JV has agreed they will proceed to production development with details to be ann sometime in the future.

All IMO and comments very welcome.

HKP

PS to Daydreamer .............. I believe you aren't the only female on this thread but great to see you 'coming out' LOL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.