CAP 6.00% 9.4¢ carpentaria resources ltd

my first takeover: how do you play it?, page-3

1. 23,992 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    No nokk, I'm really not very knowledgable about take overs.

All I know is that we need to wait for the company to make their recommendations as to whether or not we accpet the offer that's out there.

We have to trust they'll do the best thing for shareholders, and IF they have the numbers to make a difference, we will go to a vote on whether to accept it or not.
    If the company is advisng yes, then no doubt it will get over hte line as the numbers will be there, regardless of what us little people hold.

However, if the company recommends we say no, and advises us NOT to accept the offer, then every vote will be imperative and we need to stand up and put the no votes in...
    forms should come out and an EGM will likely be held unless it's all done by postal voting.

It may well NOT be a full take over anyway - and perhaps someone wants to take just a large chunk and get some board representation?

I'm in 'wait and see' mode, but we can find out more scenarios by looking at other companies that have gone through similar things.
    Might 'phone a friend' - he'll know the ropes as GUJ was one company that went through this I believe, and PLV were in the mix somewhere.

Main thing is looking to the company to do the right thing by ALL shareholders.....the first offer may well NOT be the best offer!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.