Hi Acorn, yes it was just a rant. Property is a great investment...

1. 1,617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Hi Acorn, yes it was just a rant. Property is a great investment if you get in at the right time. In fact, that is what I have already done myself. I also reckon you could still make money in property now until the correction - as the correction may be a long way away. Therefore, I do not advocate anyone rushing to sell their homes.

In my area rent is dropping, while house prices are higher than ever thanks to all time low interest rates and low unemployment. I could pay $650,000 to buy the house I am in or rent it for $460 per week – so it is a simple decision for me to stay renting. In my opinion, low interest rates are a false economy when looking to buy a house as it just means the price you pay is higher. You’re better off buying in an environment with high interest rates and high unemployment. When you have those combined, it is the best time to buy. Until that happens, I am keeping all my money in cash. I have a high salary so I don’t need to risk it on higher yielding investments. I still have shares from a long time ago, but they burnt me hard in the GFC, so now I only trust cash.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.