my housing price rant , page-21

1. 6,600 Posts.
    to street talk

Your not the same person all your life.

Have you never had a change of opinion?

The older I get the more concern I have for the kind of world we are leaving for our children and grandchildren. Sure, you can nail me up as a hypocrite. Or somebody who has used the system for their benefit and then gets all sanctimonious. I can't really defend myself because when I was in my late 30's and early 40's I was terrified that all I would do with my life was work. I was lean and hungry, I'd seen my father work himself into the ground so I made a 10 year plan to get out of the system. I hated the government and the way they could rip the rug out from under your feet when they felt like it. The way they have their hands in the pocket of anybody who tries to get ahead then pisses money against the wall to get themselves elected. We can't afford the government we have, they are bleeding us to death with their greed and generous pensions for life. Another story, but the main reason i did what I did.

Buying old houses and doing them up for rent and capital gain was the best game in town and I joined the circus. I worked 2 jobs, renovated in my spare time and kept a young wife happy. The getting of wisdom comes when it comes - I'm sorry I was a greedy bastard back then.

Still hate our politicians though, more so now than ever.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.