My I express my honest opinion?, page-5

1. 82,755 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

fully agree on GOP ----------- a horrible thing crawling about the US now

as to 'bring back' ------- for Oz pollies ---------

that's the point really ------------- we cannot

even if Menzies and Howard appeared in a puff of mist and lead the liberal party now -----

they couldn't operate ---------- the Liberal Party principles CANNOT be used in the current age - let alone going forward -

just not possible

so, they would have to tear out their basic principles and replace them with something that would work

therein lies the Liberals problems atm ---------- they 'might' hold power for several more years --------- as might GOP regain power in the US -

but, it can only lurch on so long - like a dead man walking - it must fall and be unable to rise at some stage ------------- without a solid foundation

it seems that conservative values vary from nation to nation - they choose their own flavour ------- which is fine -

in Oz - the grounding principles are ----

small government
    government to stay out of the way of business - let business do business

that is IMPOSSIBLE in this time of rapid change - it just cannot work --

and, of course SCOMO is showing us that he's way out of that field when he wants laws to force one private business to pay another private business for something ------------ that's a clear as crystal case of government interference

but, that's not one that HAD to be - the point is - there's hundreds of items that come up now every year that HAVE to have legislation - so, a government just cannot sit back and let business do business

otherwise we'd have drones at our kitchen windows, we'd be up to our arse in green E scooters, we'd have FB watching us get on the bus and take a piss,

we have no choice but to have a continual flow of interfering legislation

the problem for governments is - how the hell to keep up with it

the problem for conservative parties - is to realise that it's 2021 - not 1951

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.