my kids tell me to get a real job

1. 26,638 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    hhmmmm, i was employed by others for 20 years. I made heaps on shares, retired....lost a lot on shares...came out of retirement....worked for someone and made lots on shares...retired again...lost all (and more thru gfc) decided not to get "normal employment" and try again to make my $$$ back in the market.
    Since GFC and massive losses I have actually come made some back...but these markets can be 1 step forward and 2 steps backward...again either wisely or stupidly i play the markets, I pay my bills and have reduced my outstanding debts (left by gfc) by 400k in 2 years..plus lived paid school fees etc and go oveseas twice...and have a sort of portfolio "i wa sleft with nothing after gfc" and my kids say why dont you get a real job!! On days like today i do think about it..but i would need to be a brain surgeon to replicate the income...so despite all the stress and angst of the market and the bots and shorters...i am between a rock and hard place.. I must stay in...as long as ego and pno perform the wolves are kept from my doors for another day...
    I am sure many are contemplating to get a regular job or play the markets.the markets give the best adrenaline burst of any rollercoaster ride i have been on !!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.