Mr Cameron Clyne
    Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director
    National Australia Bank
    Level 34
    500 Bourke Street
    Victoria

Mr Clyne,

“NABTRADE” LAUNCH: AN UNMITIGIATED FAILURE

I have been a client of National Australia Bank (NAB) for some 15 years.

I take the management of my financial affairs very seriously, and have what I deem to be a reasonable expectation that my bank does likewise.

Unfortunately, developments this week have led me to conclude that this is not the case.

Specifically, NAB has just launched a new online share transaction platform, which is at stark odds with my needs and I consider its ill-considered launch to be an egregious act of contempt for the stewardship of my financial affairs.

In the interests of brevity, I will omit the sordid details of the issues that have arisen from this launch, and the distress and inconvenience it has caused me.

I will, however, inform you that I have spent over ninety minutes, on three separate occasions, on the phone waiting in vain for a client service official to take my call.

If I treated my customers with the level of ineptitude displayed by NAB, my company would end up a commercial failure.

Moreover, this latest development serves to support my concerns that NAB does not possess the requisite systems and controls in place to ensure that my financial affairs are being adequately safeguarded.

Accordingly, I will now be doing the following:

• meeting with representatives of a competing financial institution with a view to transferring my banking custom to that institution;
    • thereafter suspending all my business and personal dealings, as well as those of my family members, with the National Australia Bank and its affiliate entities; and
    • sharing my experience with as many of my colleagues, associates as friends as possible, in the hope that they might be spared some of my unhappy experiences.

Sincerely

Xxxx Xxxx

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.