My lifes confession, page-163

1. 6,566 Posts.
    I'm away from home at the moment and was not going to read HC, but like I've said before, I'm weak.

This is a profoundly good question. In my opinion the best I've seen posed on HC and one that should be asked.

The answer is that the rainbow serpent mythology is in fact the very same religious experience as that of the Christ experience. It differs in cultural, intellectual and socio-development presentation but is the appropriate teaching for these people in their stage of development. It came with a moral code and a basic understanding of Creation not that far removed from the literal teachings in Genesis. Talking snakes as opposed to a great snake that transformed the topography by its actions and separated the tribes as if a bit of the Tower of Babel story was thrown in for good measure.

This is not for a single second suggesting that any Aboriginal group is inferior to any other more so-called socially advanced group. Human groups all developed at different rates according to their circumstance. To survive in Australia made it impossible to build city-state cultures.

There is not a single culture that does not have a belief system no matter how so-called, again using the word primitive. Primitive being a relative description only. These belief systems all have moral codes. Australian Aboriginals were so steeped in their moral codes that it has been recorded that they would commit suicide once the guilt of breaking their codes set in after an infraction. First Nation Americans used banishment from the tribe as a very effective measure for capital moral violations.

All these beliefs contain spiritual concepts as well. Then we have all the other major religions such as Hindu, Buddhist, Zoroastrianism, the lost religions of Egypt, the mostly lost religions of the Druids and Nordic peoples, and the South Americas.

Nobody has missed out. Not one single human group no matter how isolated. Islam and Christianity in particular, as practiced today, imagines an exclusive, all or nothing belief. Only Christians are saved. Only Muslims follow the true religion. Even within these religions are sub-species, sects, who claim the only truth within the truth. This is grievous error and is the root-cause of countless millions of deaths and religious alienation which is the exact opposite of the intent of the religious experience. From utter ignorance they fail to see that all true religions are aspects of a single truth.

A true religion would rather abandon religion altogether than to come into conflict with a fellow human.

Just as a family has siblings in various stages of development, from babies to teens in the same family, each with differing needs and understandings. So too the one truth has religions in various stages of development. All these religions have a common belief that in the fulness of time they will be reunited at the waterhole or the campfire with all the other tribes. This is also an aspect of all the major religions who have a so-called, second coming that will usher in a global religion.

Avoid like a contagious disease any religion that teaches other than this because they are in grievous error.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.