NAL 0.00% 0.6¢ norwood abbey limited

Below is an email i sent them, and their response that i...

1. 1,971 Posts.
    Below is an email i sent them, and their response that i received yesterday, sounds like a MINIMUM additional 6 months waiting, and knowing how slow things move in Norwood Abbey Land, probably a year or more.

Hi again,

As you would be aware, it's now OVER 18 months since Norwood Abbey last traded on the ASX and it appears the re-listing day is no closer. Could I ask you for the contact details (phone number) of the company in China that NAL is supposedly merging with ? I have a relative who can speak Chinese, it certainly is worth a try, as I don't get any satisfactory answers in English that's for sure. I'm simply not prepared to sit back for an unknown number of years in the hope of maybe getting back a small part of the $25k that I invested in NAL 2-3 years ago. Simply not good enough.

Regards,
    FactorThis

Dear FactorThis,

The progress and re-listing of NAL is being constantly updated on the ASX and NAL website. Many of the core activities have been completed but as you pointed out, certain key elements have not. The holdups for the merging has occurred mainly on the Chinese side. The ASX has reviewed the merging process, the authenticity of the merging parties the current status and upcoming milestones. The contact details cannot be given to select individuals - it must be made public by law and I have forwarded your request to our directors for consideration. Normally these details are provided after all deals are complete.

Our company is not the only one with excessive merger periods it appears mergers are taking longer across the market.

As quoted in the Reuters article regarding mergers ?One head of investment banking at a U.S. bank said the time from the initial call with a client to closing a deal has risen to roughly 12-18 months, almost twice as long as during the peaks of 2006 and 2007?. This is referring to the American market however.

( http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE67131720100802 )

Also please note that the initial merger deals during the early stages of 2009 were not with the Chinese company. These initial merger deals were proposed but found not to be viable. The suspension initiated originally by NAL stayed as the Chinese company expressed interest after the failed initial merge. So as the account has been suspended over the longer time period the commencement of the Chinese merge was 14th Sept 2009.

Shareholders are understandably frustrated but until the merger deal successfully concludes NAL cannot re-list for trading.

Yours sincerely
    Ray Close.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.