cazzez, in earlier days, one would have High Tea around this...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    cazzez, in earlier days, one would have High Tea around this time..... it allows time for the roast dinner to cook and be served at 8.00 pm

I was wondering about the long cooking time for bluelion's last recipe....usually it is only very tough meat that requires a long stint, or cooking time in excess of an hour or so....
    normally, depending on the weight of the meat, one allows half hour in the oven per 500 gram in weight, for roast meats

but the mince will cook in less than half an hour, the cabbage takes only a few minutes, so too the tomato's

I would cook those items very quickly in a pan on top of the stove, then allow to simmer for another 15 minutes or so
    otherwise they would be over cooked....
    some recipes take several hours for the full flavour to gain strength, but they are best left to cool, then refrigerated, before reheating them

maybe I am wrong on this one, but I do not like to over cook foods, as they can lose all their flavour....

just a rule of thumb in my book, light foods require only light cooking times ....heavier or denser foods require longer cooking time
    cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.