Just got back to this thread … it’s becoming a favourite...

1. 36,847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 398
    Just got back to this thread … it’s becoming a favourite 8)).

Just recovering from a week long bout of late diagnosed mycoplasma pneumoniae, or atypical pneumonia … Covid like symptoms … in non-covid times would have been diagnosed much more quickly … 3 PCR and 2 RAT tests a complete distraction … probably caught it whilst queuing at a chemist to buy RAT tests!

Day 5 the cough was spasming and so bad I was sure I’d have a hernia and/or an artery blowout in my brain. A blur of a week, home alone from Monday as Mrs Dex joined our daughter and grandchildren back in Canberra.

Anyway, whilst self isolating in our bedroom for the first 4 days whilst grandchildren were visiting, Mrs Dex took over the cooking and produced a couple of cracker vegetarian meals (daughter is vegetarian);

• a vegetarian shepherds pie with a lentil and vegetable base and
    • a vegetarian nachos with bean base, light with the corn chips and generous avo topping

Both were terrific and I reckon each cost no more than $10-12, with leftovers for lunches. So for 4 adults and 2 children say under $2 per adult serve.

Some time this week I might give tuna bake a try … lots of added veges to reduce the pasta content … should be another good under $2 per adult serve option.

Cheers everyone
    Dex

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.