AVE 25.0% 0.3¢ avecho biotechnology limited

my old favourite diclofenac

1. 5,797 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 736
    I find the interpretation by SCE of diclofenac interesting.
    In summary SCE suggests that TPM may help create effective competition to Voltaren Gel which has the majority of the $US800m pa of voltaren sales. Plus further trials in 2010 should atract licenses eager to break into Voltaren's market space.
    My thinking would be the opposite in that considering that Novartis has the market leader, that they would want to maintain that stranglehold by themselves using TPM, hence the initial Novartis Animal Deal.
    IMO this would then offset the need for a new product to gain acceptance and the need for branding and time. Just roll out the new and improved Voltern "TPM Powered" GEL.
    Considering the US market's oral AI's expenditure being 5bn per annum, the 700m+ per annum voltaren gel sales could easily double or triple due to its reduced side effects, with relatively effective results. POH can then take a nice little mutli-million dollar stake per-annum.
    I don't think Novartis would let this one slip through, it's just a matter of how much they're willing to pay.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.