my opinion about god & religious books-part 1

1. 351 Posts.
    PART 1 - GOD

Guys, before I go into too much detail, let me introduce myself here. I am an accountant by profession but I will be a film maker in about 3 months as I had enough of the number crunching work. I don't believe in the existence of GOD.

Now lets see my theory of God and the religious books. People are welcome to post their opinions as they will be seriously considered while I start my project about God in 2 years time. After-all, I am making the movie for the people to enjoy and hence I don't want to be giving them things that they don't like.

GOD:

I believe in Creation. Why? At the moment, the theory of evolution is something that I don't like but I like the theory of creation. Scientists cannot answer some of my basic questions that I need to believe in their theory. For example, if human's came from monkey's, then why are monkeys still around? Similarly, scientist say that there are so many creatures that haven't changed for billions of years. Why will things be the same if they are constantly evolving from one thing to the other? Science talks about survival of the fittest. Take for example, an elephant giving birth. Consider that the calf is born with some serious defect and it is obviously vulnerable to attacks due to this. The calf is not fit yet to survive the attack. But the mother will not leave the calf until it has tried everything in its power to save its calf. By doing so, the not so fit calf will survive from attacks. Is this not against the theory that only fittest will survive? Also, who has instilled that love in elephant if it just evolved? See the documentary called "March of the Penguins" to really understand what I mean.

So these are some of the reasons for me not believing in evolution. If scientists think that its absurd to believe that GOD created everything, I think that evolution is as absurd as creation. However, personally I like the idea of creation for the following reasons.

To know what happened in the past, we need to start from the present. Its like doing a reconciliation. We start from what we have to arrive at what we don't have.

Steps to find who the GOD really is:

Q1. Who created us?
    A1. Our Parents.

Q2. Who created our parents?
    A2. Their Parents and so on.

Q3. Who took care of us when we were young?
    A3. Our parents - if we had them alive while young or the guardians - if the parents were dead or not accessible.

Q4. How did they help us?
    A4. They provided food, clothing, shelter, etc and most importantly they gave us love.

Now with these in our minds, we need to find GOD. To do that, we must know who GOD really is. We know that God is all powerful, just, loving, caring, creator, protector, etc. etc. Now try comparing God - the universe creator to our known God's - our parents.

God created everything in the beginning for our survival. Our parents created everything in the beginning for us. They gave birth, they provided all that we needed to survive. So parents are our God's. I believe this strongly and the reason is outlined below. For those who don't agree with me, please excuse me as this is just my opinion. I am happy to change my opinion if it is any better than mine in reasoning.

Why I don't believe in the existence of God and why I don't believe that he knows everything that is happening around?

I am from India and now I live in Australia. While I treat my parents as God's, they don't have a clue of what I do here unless I tell them what I do. Even while I was staying with them, they wouldn't know what I felt and what I did in the other room unless I told them. My parents duties were performed while I was a kid and they don't have any control of me anymore. Similarly, God's duty was to create and provide everything we need to survive in peace. He doesn't have any control of what we do here. I tend to believe that he is busy creating a new world as the current world we live-in is nearing its expiry date. Now people may ask, if you ask your parent for help, won't they help? They sure will if they are alive and if it is within their means. So won't it be the case with GOD's prayers? If he still is in existence and if he can hear your prayers and if he thinks it is in his means he will surely help. However, I don't ask GOD for things, as I ask my parents while they are still alive.

I should accept the fact that I do at times pray to GOD unknowingly out of fear, compulsion or whatever you want to call it. I don't really know if any of my prayers were really answered.

Why I consider my parents as God's?

To explain this, I need to give you an illustration. Take Australian government as an example. The head of the Govt is Mr. Kevin Rudd and he has so many subordinates working for him. He has various laws setup to govern the country. I live in a town called St George in QLD. I don't have any contact with Mr. Rudd and I don't think I need to contact him for anything at the moment. So, to make Mr. Rudd happy, I as a citizen must obey the laws and act within its framework. His local representatives are the Police. If I do only good things like a citizen should, the police are happy and in turn the local mayor is happy that the town is free from trouble and in turn the premier is happy and eventually the PM is happy. So my point here is, to make the PM happy, I don't really have to do things personally for him. It is just enough if I please the representatives of the PM (not by giving bribes of-course). Similarly, I know that my parents created me and if I keep them happy, God will automatically be happy. This is by far the easiest route to salvation in my opinion. However, in the current world, people are trying to do so many things to please God not knowing this easy way.

What if the parents are not alive?

Well, in that case do everything that you would do if your parents were alive. Just because they are dead, doesn't mean that you can live a crooked life.

All the above are just my opinion and I would appreciate questions about my theory and I will be glad to answer your questions and will certainly accept suggestions if they are morally acceptable for me. There is a lot more to discuss here, but i will answer them as I get questions from the readers.

Talk about religious books will be discussed in part 2.

Thanks

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.