ABB 2.70% $3.80 aussie broadband limited

" I have no in depth factual knowledge""But I do know that...

1. 11 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    " I have no in depth factual knowledge"
    "But I do know that "Starlink" and 5G disruptions are coming and the current ISP companiesin a good position which are in a better position to roll out 5G will be the ones to prosper,"
    what.png

"Starlink is a real threat to ISP's globally"
    "the business model it will be practically unstoppable in the coming years"

You got to stop saying 'my opinion' and start listing things as if you know what you are talking about. There are use cases for each type of service and you seem not to grasp any of them properly. 5G is mostly focused for denser areas due to it not having as good range and wall penetration issues, so it isn't good for inside large structures, it is amazing for open areas with large amounts of people think CBD streets and stadiums.

5G also has a tight data cap, because if everyone smashes it like people smash the NBN network the speeds would plummet. The idea of 5G to replace NBN is purely coming up as Telstra wants their monopoly back, as we talked about with ABB putting their own darkfibre, they are trying to avoid paying Telstra for the backhaul and for lighting up customer sites. This is exactly the same way Telstra feels with NBN, they don't want to pay NBN to light up a customers site. 5G will do some cool stuff, it has a lot of new technologies built into it standard, but nothing beats fibre, and NBN has already realized that(even though they knew this from the start, but you can blame the libs for ruining the NBN at the start but that is a different rant) they need fibre everywhere, that is why NBN is deploying fibre to almost every business who wants it for free for most sites. When fibre is installed, the upgrade paths of fibre destroy 5G capabilities. Everyone in the ISP knows that, people who think they know things act like its different.

Starlink is designed for non-dense areas. The more people on starlink in any one area, the slower the service will be, as such it is prime to replace current NBN skymuster, which is terrible as is anyways, this is no skin of any current ISP's back. I don't even know if ABB offer skymuster. Starlink will be sure a revolutionary product, bringing villages across the world access to the internet that would have been impossible before, but implying it will do damage to already in place cables is just silly. Also good luck having a solid signal all year round, as it will be effected by rain, that is just how radio signals work, your speed will drop and packet loss will increase the heavier the rain, Elon might be amazing, but he isn't physics defying.

My background for what I know is the ISP skills as well as having a telecommunications electrical engineer as a partner whom I discuss these technologies with.

Now you want my opinion, when stating an opinion don't write it up like you know what you are talking about, opinions are stated as such.

I think, maybe, could be, I wonder.

When you start saying words like

starlink is a real threat, I do know, It will be.

If you instead wrote it.

"But I do know that "Starlink" " > I do think that "starlink"
    "Starlink is a real threat " > Starlink could be a threat or I believe Starlink is a threat

Do you see what I'm getting at, what you write is similar to someone saying "no offence" then saying something offensive. If you write in a way that has absolutes, then it isn't just an opinion you are trying to state false facts, and that makes it sound like you are down ramping.

Thank you for the well wishes, I do hope you the best, I assume you won't be buying into ABB or any ISP other than Telstra I assume as they will be the only 5G operator for a while since TPG is way behind the ball because of the Huawei ban. I wish you luck on your Telstra holdings. Starlink is supposedly going to go public separate to the SpaceX venture, so you could also buy into that when the time comes, I will also join you on that one, because Elon Musk will make the stock pump even if there is no way to make money. Remembers the "money secured $420" haha.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.80
Change
0.100(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $1.122B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.61 $3.80 $3.60 $3.022M 809.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 639 $3.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.81 3964 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ABB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.