BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

My own thoughts, page-4

1. 9,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3495
    @MT10SP

generally only the largest firms have enough money to pay for in-store display consultants. in my local iga yesterday there was a guy doing exactly that for the chips and some other junk food - a frito lay rep - not a store employee - he basically goes in and makes sure the product is lined up properly + harangues/cagoles/wheedles with iga staff to get little things like trying to get little hooks with tiny product packets up at eyeline to draw impulse buyers. he;s in there every 2 weeks or so ive noticed

in a tiny co like bud with global sales responsibilites the sales team can only focus on getting distribution agreements with the distribution companies like those you mentioned. they have no hope of being able to tell apple etc how to display either

they can tell their global/national counterparts what theyd like - but that message will almost never reach the individual stores

same reason Ohm didnt work with monster - you can have a distributin agreement - but you can;t generally make individual sales people sell in a particular way unless they want to - esp when they have 100s or 1000s of other distribution partners who also want their stuff displayed first and foremost

that why the supposed fast ramping direct sales for ohm were seen as so important in 2017/18- as they appeared to show the product basically would sell itself.

LiFX is a muchmuch much simpler selling proposition - but the same issues with distributors will always apply

fortunely LiFx has good brand cache - which gives it a much better chance of getting sales despite sales staff/in-store dyspepsia

anyone who has ever worked in indirect sales will tell you the same

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.