CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

my personal opinion, page-7

1. 262 Posts.
    I do see your point sequen...but the issue really is rising costs not supply issues for Oil based fuel. Decentralised power generation is a great concept..I have no doubt of it and wish it had been instigated many years ago. However as it applies to the resource industry it may be useful for running certain parts of the milling, refining and ancillary minesite power requirements. The actual mining process will for the foreseeable future still use Deisel fuel. Perhaps the cost of self generation will offset the increasing cost of Oil based fuel somewhat. Remembering that technology like CFU's is 60% electrically efficient...the higher efficiency only comes by utilizing waste heat to produce hot water or air. I dont think there is to much use for that in most mining ops. Perhaps they could add a Thermo Electric Generator to the fuel cells to utilize the otherwise wasted heat energy...but what benefit there would be in that is something to be determined.

Additionally...most mine sites are in quite remote areas far away from grid power systems and therefore must do their own power generation anyway...the only benefit then is the difference in cost between whatever fuel source used. Gas or Deisel?...then work out what it would cost to replace existing technology/equipment and divide the difference into the expected life span of the mine.

Hmm..methinks it is not so straightforward.

In any case I do have faith in the tech CFU are promoting...I would love a Bluegen in my and every building/house in the world..but they are gonna have to bring costs into line. Solar PV systems were out of reach and impractical for most people until relatively recently..that is until the political imperative made them affordable..CFU have to fight that resistance and get their product into the hands of more ordinary peoples lifes..not just big enterprise. It will happen..if CFU can generate enough revenue to stay alive and or not be swallowed up by some bigger fish. I hope not.

DISCLAIMER..I do not currently hold this stock but I have been following closely for some time. Yet to be convinced they can finance themselves adequately and market the product well. More shares issued will not help to impress me any.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.