LYC 0.77% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

You may be correct but you could also be wrong. I have no idea....

1. 7,431 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501
    You may be correct but you could also be wrong. I have no idea. Could the new variants of covid detected in Africa and Israel be a trigger to a market sell off? Absolutely and we are long overdue for one. Maybe not.

JMO I would never sell assets and go to cash to prepare for a correction. You lose so much if you are wrong! These are the steps I am taking.
    Move to stocks with low PE and some dividends. Always check the company's cash flow and cash on hand to make sure the dividend will continue during bad times. Sell calls on secure stocks. Go for shorter periods and higher mark ups so unlikely to be called out. Make sure that if called out, the call price and stock price is something that will make you happy. I am buying Puts in companies with PEs over 100. 100 is just the first level filter you must do more research after you have your candidates. If there is a wide correction than a $ worth of puts can cover $10 or $100 loss in other stocks. If no correction the gains on other stocks will cover the loss in puts. Usually but not always. I cannot do all of this in my head I need a program to work out the different scenarios. You can buy one or make your own in a spread sheet. You have already passed the first and most important test and that is recognizing it is coming. Do not run from it embrace it and you can make lots of money. Next test is spotting the bottom soon after it occurs and changing strategy to use the up side. Do not try to spot bottom on way down there will be many false bottoms. Wait for recovery to be solid. This waiting will cost you a little but it is what you Keep that counts. A false bottom can cost a lot.

You cannot make, better than average money in a stable market. Strong up or down markets have the best opportunities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.050(0.77%)
Mkt cap ! $6.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.51 $6.59 $6.49 $8.348M 1.273M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 16304 $6.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.56 2708 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.