AJX 0.00% 1.0¢ alexium international group limited

my reponse, page-20

1. 17,813 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    No. Dirk is not on the Board so he doesn't really get a say unless they decide to ask him what he thinks.

At present they are looking for an Australian Board member. The way that works is usually that they either pluck someone they know or they conduct a search - usually through an agent of some sort.

Whoever is nominated and selected by the Board must however be subject to a vote at the next AGM. In other words it is ultimately the company - through shareholders - who can have a say.

Does that mean anything - well it would if shareholders then did their own due diligence and exercised their votes with full knowledge but in practice board votes and lazy shareholders mean ........ we live with it

But maybe Diane Smith Gandar, who is apparently looking for someone, will live up to her reputation of being tough, demanding and direct.

Her own comment in an interview with the Fin Review in 2014

“I have always been a direct person," she tells Boss. “Sometimes I feel like I’m stating the blindingly obvious, but it does help to put things out on the table and then allow people to resolve them."

She is well enough connected so maybe we will see an outstanding appointment of someone who is known for their capability, intelligence and integrity as well as having valuable industry credentials - not just experience as a director (no guarantee of anything other than being known) or working at a senior/executive level in an ASX company (whatever that might mean).

When you become involved in a company your own reputation is immediately linked to those for whom you act. It's a branding thing.

Parsifal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 1.0¢ $2.814K 281.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 4652965 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 139400 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.16am 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.