My roses, page-2974

1. 17,986 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151

bunbun

I would never date a man who actively dislikes cats - there is something wrong with them IMO.  But I am not in the dating game, so it is a moot Point, really, but I am talking past. 

However, pets in limited space are not a good idea.  My English Family's London house is one of those narrow 3-flights-of-narrow stairs affair and they have 2 cats and now a puppy dog, and these 3 critters are slowly establishing rules, territories etc. 

My son-in-law (the Drummer Boy in England) doesn't like their cats which my daughter insisted they had to have.  Now they 'had to have' a dog as well and he asked timidly: "can the cats go now?" - he is being ignored and he knows:  "fat chance"!

So 2 cats, one a dominant male who gets pretty annoyed with puppy dog who wants to play chasey with him, and has lost some weight, because a lot of running is involved - so far no injury.  He seems to know once he injures dear 'Monty, the dog' he is a gonner.  Meanwhile the timid bossed-about female has made friends with dog and will probably gain residential rights for life.

Animals are much smarter than we give them credit for and they give us joy, comfort, companionship etc.  We should treat them nicely.

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.