PLT 0.00% 72.0¢ plenti group limited

my (second) last ever post on the plt thread, page-12

1. VVS
    954 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Interesting to see the intense discussion on the PLT forum. More so that it seems to be favouring GBI (strange that). Nevertheless, the evidence is pointing toward HPV testing becoming the primary method of screening for cervical cancer. More so in established first world markets where the pathology infrastructure is well and truly in place. Having said that I still don't see it happening in the next month as what Decan and co are making it out to be!!!

As for the developing countries, I still have some reservations about the Qiagen test. The assay time is approximately 3 HOURS whilst the woman waits in the clinic. Hmmm I'd love the idea of that if I was a woman!!! Gee, I am sure those rural clinics will have great cafes and shopping malls attached to it LOL (no offence to women by the way. If I was having such a test, I would like the same facilities nearby whilst waiting for the test result). Maybe Qiagen can link up with Westfield LOL?!?!! Furthermore, greater staffing would be required to man the machine etc..A truscreen console at 4k a pop might be a cheaper alternative.

The whole idea of screening in the rural populations would be to provide a result in real-time. Otherwise, the patient will be lost forever. Truscreen can offer that result though it needs to be made in larqe quantities and that is being addressed. Sure even if the care-HPV test does make some inroads, I still think there will be a place for Truscreen in these markets. The pie is extremely HUGE for cervical screening and even if PLT only capture a small proportion of this, the market cap will be much greater than it is now.

So Decan and co - I agree with your points about HPV testing and it is the way forward. Also, fantastic news for the women out there. Though I still can't see Governments changing their stance overnight. Also, in developing countries I still don't see it being taken up as what you may suggest. Even if it was, I think there is enough of an opportunity for PLT in the short to medium term.

VVS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
72.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $126.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
73.0¢ 73.0¢ 72.0¢ $10.12K 14.06K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13453 72.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
73.0¢ 7952 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.40am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.