...she's got a bit of kidney damage and so has to eat special...

1. 30,126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782
    ...she's got a bit of kidney damage and so has to eat special food, not much protein hardly any salt and a bit tasteless.

She was turning down the usual special diet offerings, so I decided to give her what she wants. After all, she's had a good innings. What's the point of being old and miserable I asked myself?

Anyway after giving her higher protein food she made the connection with her skin irritation which is a symptom of the kidney disease...., and she stopped eating it!

So we went back to the renal diet.  She has never refused it since. I put one small tasty biscuit on the top of it, like a cherry on top to start her off tastewise, which she always eats first, and she waits for it.

If she is really upset with me about something she goes on purr strike. No matter what I do, no purring.

She will purr for others, not me. She did this once when I left her to work interstate for 3 months.

After 2 weeks of purr strike, she finally cracked. I was thrilled. Naturally.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.