That's very long for dogs! Yep for now she is happy. She is...

1. 30,055 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1758
    That's very long for dogs!

Yep for now she is happy. She is having problems with her eyesight, slight cataract problem her eyes look a bit cloudy. And it takes ages for her to sit down, because of arthritic hips I suspect.

She occasionally has memory failures and forgets which door to ask to be let out from. She also sometimes has a panic attack.
    But these incidents are few and far between. Mostly she is happy and secure. She loves people, and if there is someone visiting she has to got through a performance of having them pat her and she accepts their affection. She is extremely sensitive to rejection, and at times I've had to ask people to give her some attention. Outside she is cat, inside she is half dog.

As I grew up on a farm, I understand the need to place the interests of the animal before mine. She is such a big personality and while she is happy I won't take action. But I don't see her lasting much beyond a year. She needs to be comfortable and happy. Could be wrong though, she could last longer in this reasonable state.
    Last edited by dolcevita: 21/03/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.