Well, I learned my lesson with my stray cat which I adopted. It...

1. 28,487 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    Well, I learned my lesson with my stray cat which I adopted. It was very hungry. I knew nothing about how to feed a cat and opened a tin of sardine and offered it a single sardine. Disappeared in a flash. That's how this cat adopted me.

I gave her fresh kangeroo meat. One day, I offered her the meat but it smelled a bit off. Good enough for a cat, thought I.
    Kept returning her to the plate. She leapt on the kitchen bench and opened her mouth, beginning to sink her teeth in my arm, just enough to alarm me. Once you introduce your cat to kangeroo mince, there is no looking back. Even the most expensive of canned meat was rejected and "Puss" turned up her nose at it. My second cat got a real name but I never called my first cat anything other than Puss.

Didn't underestimate my cat after that. People sometimes throw their unwanted cats down the railway siding and my house is over the road. That is how, over many years, two cats adopted me for their lifetimes when I always claimed to be adamantly not a cat person.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.