CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

my take 2

1. 1,848 Posts.
    Ok so a CR and agreed stop to civil action. Looks like there are some shareholders/posters here that have a starry eyed view if legal actions in the corporate world.
    Fact is, that court actions take cash. So if those same people want the actions to continue, cash has to be spent. A lot of it.
    Fact is, no legal action in history is a cut and dry case. This one certainly has a balance in CXY's favour . . But that's all, a balance.
    Fact is, CR can now be used to drive value not be spent on high risk civil actions.
    Negligence by anyone, let alone the Qld Gov has to be proved. And the usual reference point for that is Case Law. Fact is, proving cases to this standard is expensive and time consuming.

So sorry, I don't agree with your whining. I see a good, pragmatic decision being made, alongside a focused Board who will deliver value for CXY'S shareholders at last.

Ps: some might recall how CXY'S per existence in the form of PCE spent something like $9 million in legal costs against Expectation, won the case, and received $1.2 million back. Winning court cases isn't usually profitable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.