CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

my take

1. 1,848 Posts.
    As a veteran holder of CXY stock here's my take on today's announcement:
    A) much bigger, high quality coal resource now JORC
    B) coal is PCI quality
    C) added to Wandoan we now have over 600 mT of JORC resource ( not all PCI though)
    D) McKenzie is right between two long term commercial coal exporting projects
    E) Infrastructure haul road runs through the site, loading do k is close by and port facility close too
    F) Capex required to support mind virtually nothing ( I take that as a very low entry barrier)
    G) Global PCI market holding up better than others

Now add a settlement from Kingaroy ( in my opinion this will be my h more modest than some think though, a settlement in our favour though is my bet) and doing some pretty simple calcs, even after today, the SP/Market Cap is way discounted to value.

For what it's worth, using total JORC resources I'd see value as around 7c per share, and PCI only value around 3 cents per share. Look around the market and you'll find other comparable stories, way better valued and hence with way smaller upside.

I've added zip/nothing for Kingaroy settlement, nor anything for UCG potential.

However else you look at CXY, surely you can now see value?

What next? Further JORC over time, using 70% figure suggests a other 90mT of PCI ( another 1 cent per share), a viability study for mining, etc.

Once Kingaroy done. Maybe another name change?

Not changing sentiment at moment but there are increasing long term reasons to add to my short term buy sentiment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.