MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

"However, our continuing inability to attract or indeed keep a...

1. 16,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8050
    "However, our continuing inability to attract or indeed keep a partner says more about our current management team than any perceived problems with the product."

I thought that's why Mr William Burns was elevated to the $175,000 pa position of Vice Chair.

That's Mr William Burns, owner of a grand total of 28,000 MSB shares
    (And no, that is not a typo - it really is 28,000...twenty eight thousand)

$175k pa for dialling into a few board meetings a year [*] , but owning shares valued at just one-fifth of your annual salary... not exactly the stuff that aligns the interests of executives with that of shareholders, is it?

[*] Unfortunately, Mr Burns only made it to 10 out of the 14 meetings that he was required to attend in FY2017. Not sure about y'alls, but happily I'd drag my sorry ar#e out of bed to attend meetings at $17,500 a pop.

PS. People on another thread were compiling questions for the AGM. If I was a shareholder, the preceding content of this post would provide the basis for a plethora of questions that I would have regarding the functioning and the effectiveness of the board of directors.

Amongst other things, such as why it costs more than $1.1m to audit the books of the company. After all, the company has no fixed assets and is not commercial yet. There are no stores or inventories to be checked or lending arrangements to be assessed. So what on earth are PWC doing to earn their million-plus schmackeroos each year, I wonder?
    I know of many companies that are larger than MSB and far more operationally complex and sophisticated, and they don't pay their audit partners anything like MSB does.
    I guess in MSB's case it might have something to do with it not being the money of the executive(s) who sign off the appointment of the auditor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.