MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

As I don't know all the pharmas that have expressed an interest...

1. 5,480 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8926
    As I don't know all the pharmas that have expressed an interest in these programs, I cannot say that MNK are the 'best' partner that MSB could have chosen to proceed with.

However I imagine MSB would have had a checklist of 'must-haves' when it came to finding a partner, and MNK ticked all those boxes and obviously expressed interest, so here we are.

As with all things in life, it takes two to tango. Both parties need to be mutually committed to achieving the same strategic goals.

Addressing your second point, I want to clarify that I agree that there would be many pharmas that could bring these products to market. However given the specialty nature of these products, there are definitely some pharmas who would be better placed to deliver the product to market more effectively - especially if they have demonstrated this ability in the past.

More imporatntly not every pharma has the same strategic goals and timeframes that are aligned to MSB's. , both our products would require a pharma that has an established and extensive hospital network. MNK currently address acute and critical care in hospitals, including pain management and rare diseases (ASX ann).

So what I can see is that MNK have demonstrated capabilities in successfully bringing their products into the areas in which MSB's treatments are looking to target i.e. pain management and rare diseases.

Coupled with the fact that MNK have already taken steps into the regenerative medicine space with the acquisition of stratatech (skin substitute products) - MNK appear to have the experience, distribution channels and strategic alignment to make them a valuable partner.

Finding the right partner, and not the biggest partner, is critical.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.