CTP 0.00% 5.1¢ central petroleum limited

Let me preface this with a "this could be all wrong" but the...

1. 65 Posts.
    Let me preface this with a "this could be all wrong" but the following is my take on the situation.

I am a young and inexperienced share investor/trader but have been involved with CTP for over 2 years. I reguarly read these forums, news articles and all announcements relating to CTP and feel that I have a good genuine overall feel for the company.

Todays announcement is perhaps the most disappointing announcement that CTP have had over the last 2 years and the same cycle seems to regularly occur.

At the time of the trading halt the shares closed at 10.5c and have been on a viciously upwards trend over the past 2 weeks increasing by close to 100%.
    With the new news that Clive Palmer has invested heavily in the company we 'could' have expected another sharp rise today and perhaps a (conservative) settling of price over the next few days at around 13c per share.

Even if we delayed the placement by a mere week (which would have no effect on the current drill/exploration schedule) and increased the placement discount rate to 15% then the placement to the 'institutions' would have been made at potentially 11c a 22% increase on the current placement price or an extra $2 million or so in the bank for CTP.

Now to sweeten the current deal with the 2 for 1 options over 3 years at 12.5c is such a kick in the teeth. If these options are not exercised within the 3 years then the company and all us are screwed anyway. So basically we are giving away an extra 33% on top of an already great deal.

What it appears has happened is the current board has panicked they are going to be skittled, sought back up from an outside party by offering 10% of the company at an absolute bargain, to buy votes and dilute opposing shareholders voting rights.

This is not the first time that a placement has been issued at a severely discounted rate on a upward trend before the price has levelled. In fact I think it happens nearly every placement.

11 Million is a piss in the ocean for someone like Clive Palmer and with his keen buying over the last week or so, I would have thought the gamble of waiting for the share price to peak before issuing a severely discounted placement would have been in the best interest of all shareholders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 57646 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 34474 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.40am 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.