CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

my thoughts, page-15

1. 37,779 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 415

So, the Ombudsman's report gave the Qld Govt a pizzling over their gross and possibly to be proven negligent mishandling of Cougar's trial burn at Kingaroy.

I'd imagine the Qld lib government being faced with several conflicting issues, namely:

1. They are looking at a pay out to Cougar which would be smaller if they allowed the trial burn to restart and much much higher if not

2. They are essentially a state under financial stress

3. They took the local seat from an outgoing independent (who's name I choose not to type) at the last election and would not be keen to put it at risk

On the other hand, Cougar management have from the outset undertaken their research and put together a well documented, compelling case against the government and the other named defendants ... a damages claim of $34mill wasn't plucked out of the ether.

I'd opine that in mediation to date, the Qld Government hasn't yet come completely to terms with their dilema ... that they are in no position to low ball the payment terms.

The Company is not strapped for cash and is advancing funded business opportunities elswhere ... they can afford to wait to let time turn up the screws as a state election draws closer.

For the Government a settlement well ahead of the next election would be the smart move.

Geez I'd love to eves drop on one of those mediation meetings lol.

Dex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.