CTP 5.45% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

no probz supertramp - love a good discussion, not a personal...

1. 609 Posts.
    no probz supertramp - love a good discussion, not a personal attack on you in any way with responses.

***600 or 850 million shares is a lot of shares. Sure some oil comapanies have more, but then they also have an sp of maybe 1.7c.***

Yes true. However none of the cheapies I have seen had such enormous potential with so many targets. Most ive looked at had about 15 targets max in total with limited % interests (and targets hardly eye opening) - where as central has around 200, with significant interests and targets are substantial. These 1.7c companies, never had an RCB like central either - they all did share issues or placements which obviously didnt work in their favour.

***"The first hole costs about $8m to drill, and finds need to be decent to be commercial, because Blamore and similar drill sites are a long way from infrastructure"
    My statement is fairly correct. I have a contact who works for santos, and they are the facts***

It is a long way from infrastructure- but really, if it was "so" far away that it was uneconomical, they wouldnt be drilling there - let alone be able to get a rig across. If they can get the rig there, they can get other carriers there aswell to truck out liquids. We know roads have been constructed to blamore - simpson is completed or nearing completion - theres access sorted. The distance to the rail line really isnt that far on global scales. The terrain is obviously tricky but not impossible. Google the colson track.

Your contact for santos (more than likely one of the contenders for the package that were rejected), probably knows the location - fair enough, but really do you honestly believe he/she knows this location and access better than Heugh, Ambrose, Askin who have studied it for years on end?? Surely not?? Im pretty sure they selected it for a reason.

***Opes prime do hold CTPOA. They may or may not have sold yet, but they do hold according to newspaper reports last week.***

Possibly then, I dont trust newspapers anymore though lol. ANZ will have to disclose this information. I doubt the holding will be significant, and even so - if they do sell off ill be throwing my hand in!

***Did PXA commit to the $132 million for 81 wells?***

Yes - formal agreement executed. PXA will commit up to $132 mill over the next few years, they haven't just handed 132 mill upfront though.

***This company is still the same as it was for the last two years, so don't get too excited by somebody's recommendation. All they have done is brought more traders and excitement into the stockI'll accept this statement is not correct. I should have said the oil prospects are still the same. The main point to get across was not too get too excited by this guys recommendation.***

Oil prospects have changed alot of the 2 years, with more targets included via acquisition (Simpson east/west, Dune etc al) and much better definied seismic and processing, including identification of new play types . Ie - mt kitty truncation, aralka system, hallows trend et al.

***If ctp's ground was seriously good, then the people who really know about good oil prospects would have moved in. santos (& others) didn't want it. The pel's had been available for a long time. Sure, given the price of oil & helium now the pel's would now create more interest**

Santos et al we're just too slow - Heugh and the boys started collecting this acreage back in 98. Hence why I suggested new investors go to the CTP website to understand the story

***My post was not a "scare tactic to give doubt to the uneducated investor", but just giving my thoughts, as the title states. And to create debate, which is part of the purpose of this forum.***

Thoughts appreciated - love a good discussion hence replying. However, would appreciate more factually based information to discuss.

***As I have said, I am a fan. I have bought a further 45,000 options a few minutes ago***.

No probz, howvever If you believe ANZ are going to be selling CTP options and the CTPOA will be hampered - wouldnt you just wait until they sell down before you buy 45,000 options? Could have picked them up cheaper!

***Thanks again for your comments & bring on Blamore!!!***

No probz! bring on Simpson, Mt Kitty, the 3 CBM and Ooramin aswell lol. Not to mention Johnstone! We're only about 3 weeks from spud, things could get interesting. Any commercial find in the Pedirka is going to raise substantial interest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
-0.003(5.45%)
Mkt cap ! $38.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.2¢ $35.73K 687.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 550000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 99854 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.