TNC 0.00% 5.2¢ true north copper limited

re: my tip for 2005--- for meerkat hi meerkat, just a few...

1. 688 Posts.
    re: my tip for 2005--- for meerkat hi meerkat, just a few points.
    The TNC executive left RDF over 3 years ago. That is a lifetime in this industry and the technology Redflex had then bears little resemblance to the present Redflex technology. The new traffic division CEO, after putting a rather large knife through the division, reworked the technology, added video as well as digital still, and generally cleaned up the sales, installation and operating areas all of which had previously performed badly. Great to initially get lots of sales but the hard part is getting all the systems installed, operating efficiently and bringing in good $ so as to build a solid ongoing business. This is the area of TNC I would suggest you have a good look at rather than just say read the script, is their technology any good and working efficiently? Very mixed reports from on the ground at this stage.

Very exciting industry, particularly the more lucrative managed contracts in the U S. From memory pecking order in the US is:-
    no.1 and 2. Redflex and ACS with about 400 systems live each but ACS mostly with old wet film systems and Redflex all digital, both still and video.
    no.3. Nestor-about 100 systems live with all video technology that is still giving them some trouble.
    no. 4 to 6----all with roughly 50 systems live:-
    Mulvihill (wet film)
    Peek (digital)
    Traffipax (wet film with some digital)

plus a couple of very small ones including Transol with about 10 to 15 live.

It's generally accepted that 120 live systems are required to break even, I believe the TNC prospectus last year said they could do it on 25 and their systems would only cost half the amount of their competitor's systems. Haven't seen that claim made recently.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TNC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.