TLS 0.00% $3.96 telstra group limited

Shane another one which is on my watch for shorting is...

1. 642 Posts.
    Shane another one which is on my watch for shorting is AWB.

Currently AWB have a complete monopoly of wheat sales overseas. But, with a huge enquiry into bribery of Saddam Hussein's govt (where so called transport costs suddenly went from $10 a tonne to $50 a tonne without the AWB questioning it), the AWB managed to make Saddam's reigime richer to the tune of 200-300 million bucks aussie at a time when Iraq wanted to cancel australia's wheat contracts, but suddenly overnight decided australia was their no. 1 wheat customer. The UN have already found the AWB guilty and now it's very likely that the Australian enquiry will also. The enquiry apparently have a list of that many disgruntled employees and former directors willing to say that the AWB outright bribed Iraq. The government may actually remove the AWB it's powers to be the sole monopoly holder of all wheat sales.
    Not only this, but there is evidence of weaker wheat sales this year inspite of a good crop. This one is on my short list. Merril Lynch say that this enquiry (nice and public one) could destroy the AWB!
    The US is looking for any excuse to ban our wheat being sold in the US, and this may well be the excuse they need.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.96
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $45.75B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.97 $3.98 $3.92 $116.3M 29.42M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 $3.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.97 830574 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.