Fortunately, I reside in neither Abbott nor Gillard's electorate...

1. 718 Posts.
    Fortunately, I reside in neither Abbott nor Gillard's electorate so I do not have an opportunity to vote for either. Were I to live in either of their electorates, I would most certainly vote for neither because I do not like either.

Gillard is a cold, calculating executioner, lusting for power and control and Abbott has always thought of himself as at the helm of the nation though really does not possess the intellectual rigor to do so. Moreover, whenever he opens his mouth, one need to ask the question; is he telling the truth, the gospel truth or something of a convenient porky?

No - I will not be voting for either. I will not be voting for either the Liberal Party or Labor Party either. I will vote independent and an independent that is standing within my electorate with whom I most identify with.

In the Senate, Greens because they are on record as wanting Australians to have a vote on the Republic issue. I want an Australian as our head of state, not some woman who lives halfway around the world, the head of a dysfunctional family residing in a dysfunctional country known as England or the UK. A country that has now little in common with Australia and Australian values and certainly nothing to do with our interests. Time is long over due for Australia to cut the apron strings from mother England and make our own way in the world, free from constraints of colonialism and empire and look forward into the future in a region of the world that is our backyard because we have more in common now with our region than with Europe.

Long Live The Australian Republic.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.