XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

My Way - Wednesday, page-2

1. 9,422 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5135
    Tuesday Evening Liqueurs, 16 February, 2016.

XJO up strongly +1.37% on heavy volume. Here's the chart:

The Bullish Falling Wedge is now close to being in play. Today's big yellow candle is reached up to the restraining line of the Wedge. A break above that is likely to be bullish.

The current level also marks an important horizontal resistance level. So we can expect the market to pause at this level. A break above would enhance the bullish credentials of the current move.

Before Noon, the XJO was in negative territory. From there on it was all up hill with a bullish finish. What happened around Noon? I haven't a clue - but we finished on the strong side of the ledger at the end of the day.

CBA went ex-dividend today - and that was a drag on the market. Here's the CBA chart:

We can see, however, that CBA sold off initially (expected) but recovered much of its ground today with the final result being a bullish "hammer" at the end of a downtrend. It also bounced off nicely from close to an important horizontal support level. All that is unusually pointing to possible upside action. Unusually? Banks often sell off after their ex-dividend date. So we need to watch for bullish action from here on, as it might just point to an unusual scenario where CBA actually rises after its ex-dividend date. Weird stuff. But that's what we need to look for.

Below is a chart of the rolling One-Month activity in the various Australian sectors. I've tweaked this chart just a little because of the volatility recently in the Energy sector. Instead of the raw data, the chart shows relationships based on 5-Day MAs. That tends to smooth out the excessive highs and lows which occur in daily data.

What I'm looking for here is some sign that we're moving from a RISK-OFF market to a RISK-ON Market. That should become apparent by a change in the relationships between the XAO and Utilities (XUJ) and Bonds (IAF)

Both XUJ and IAF are performing better than XAO. So, we still have a RISK-OFF Market.

Miners, however, remain the place to be.

RB.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.