I have been thinking recently on my responses to what are a...

1. 2,893 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    I have been thinking recently on my responses to what are a number of appalling developments in America. And just for reference my voting habits indicate that I am a small "L" liberal ( Menzies ; Frasier ; Turnbull ) type

When Trump was first elected was surprised like most other people but thought that Regan had a reasonable team backing him and got through it so maybe will not be all that bad - give him 6 months and re-evaluate.

After 6 months and firing of most of his team was less inclined to allow latitude as the decisions were his and the yes men that were filling up his team were not the support he needed.

After 12 months decided that the divisive belligerent approach used is going to cause some real problems in the social structure of the USA. Also tended to treat everything Trump said as a distortion.

After 24 months was wondering when the civil war would start.

There is a part that says - "What did you expect - could have seen this is not going to finish well from a mile off". This emotion has been fanned by the myriad posters constantly yelling that Trump is the greatest and abusing any dissent on the decisions made or the manner in which they were presented. I suppose everyone has moments of "I told you" but it doesn't make me a better person when I allow this to become dominant in my interactions.

Team USA is not a great place to be in at the moment for anyone. // enough from me.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.