MYL 0.00% 70.0¢ mallee resources limited

I was a participant at an online conference on Friday where...

1. 10,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6069
    I was a participant at an online conference on Friday where three Myanmar Government Ministers shared their views and proposed actions around the economy and its protection/stimulation. Two of the Ministers where members of the Myanmar Investment Commision (MIC) committee and one was the Chairperson, so senior figures within the decision making apparatus.

The measures spoken about follow on from the governments CERP plan which I posted about some weeks ago, ie, how to stimulate the economy and ensure growth in the new COVID reality. Part of that plan was to seek foreign investment, something the MIC oversees.

I asked a question about companies navigating the MIC process during this Covid crisis and to paraphrase, this was the response, " expediting Australian major mining projects in pipeline, watch in a few weeks". Two points; There is only one Australian miner with a development stage project seeking approval in Myanmar...drum roll, yes, Myanmar Metals is the only candidate, and second point, it will still be subject to bureaucratic processes so if the timeline slips by a week or two don't distract MYL management who will no doubt be paddling furiously beneath the surface.

The take away from this conference though was they are very keen to see Foreign investment to create jobs and support their economy and the Bawdwin Project is very much on their radar and it appears a priority project. This is all substantiation of everything else I have heard over the past 18 months. I'm setting a tentative deadline in my own calendar of June 30 for submission and then a speedy approval cycle measured in weeks not months. Still hoping for everything to be signed off during Q3. So September at absolute outside for full approval.

The Bawdwin project is about to get the green light to open up development.

PS and I still think we will end up at 150 to 200 Million tonnes of ore.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.