AJQ 0.00% 10.0¢ armour energy limited

mycall101

1. 170 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Mycall 101, I note your comments with interest and would like to share my thoughts. The AGM presentation by Nick Mather was excellent. There is no doubt that the likes of Santos and Total are sniffing around AJQ angling for a farm in deal on the acreage that AJQ hold. Nick alluded to the fact that they do not want to give the company away however.Nick and his team are obviously very experienced in negotiating the best outcome for shareholders over the medium term---we just have to have some patience. I do not see a capital raising at all in the next twelve months. What I see is a farm in/exploration funding by one of the larger companies. With a market cap of $72 million AJQ is quite vulnerable to one of these companies coming and taking out the whole company to get access to the 133,000sq km of tenements they have access to.After all Santos and Total both farmed in to CTP---Total underwriting $82 million of expenditure with a further $100 milllion if things go well.Santos recently bought 14% of Tamboran Resources for $10 million(capitalising Tamboran at $72 million and underwriting $41 million of exploration expense over three years--Tamboran only hold 25000sq km north west of AJQ in the Northern Territory). You cannot tell me that Santos dont want AJQ's tenements!!!! They could take AJQ out at 50 cents a share for only $150 million and fund some of it with AJQ's $40 million cash. This is not as far fetched as it sounds. Obviously the major shareholders would not want to see this happen at that price though. I am a long term acquirer of this stock. I believe in management and was extremely impressed with the technical capability that was on display at the AGM by AJQ's exploration team. Not a week goes by at the moment without some news on the Shale "space". Merry Christmas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJQ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.