MYG 1.22% 81.0¢ mayfield group holdings limited

mja, I feel you pessimism and sympathiseGold goes up and gold...

1. 2,879 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62
    mja,

I feel you pessimism and sympathise

Gold goes up and gold goes down (ouch, major epiphany headache)
    If myg can achieve a low cash cost then a good margin and interest coverage can easily be achieved, this exposes them to any recovery.

The plus for a gold miner in a depressed market is you can screw you earth moving contractor within an inch of their lives, and lets face it, they have been on the gravy train for years, now there is a considerable amount of earthmoving equipmnet parked up in WA, start screwing MYG.

One thing I hope MYG do is control spending on chiefs, generally once a miner turns a profit they believe they need more engineers, production engineers, planning engineers, all that generally happens is the days plan gets changed constantly and less dirt gets moved, if MYG can run a lean operation with their high grade and low strip ratio a good margin should be in the bag, even with a lower gold price.

Things that happen when a fantastic gold price drops to another fantastic gold price;

1) people forget just because the price has dropped doesnt mean the current price isnt still fantastic.

2) people think the price dropping is the end of gold stocks and dont look far enough ahead.

3) people forget what a fantastic margin is because they focus on the margin that might have been.

4) 71c4 cackles like a lunitic while buying discount gold spec stock from the above people with the slight chance of making a profit.

every gold stock I buy today will be held for a minimum of one year, whats the possibility of a gold recovery between now and then, if its $500 bucks Im stuffed

71c4
    buy low sell maybe higher

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
81.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.22%)
Mkt cap ! $74.08M
Open High Low Value Volume
81.0¢ 81.0¢ 78.0¢ $16.65K 21.12K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 77.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
81.0¢ 5546 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.41pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.